I just wanted to commend everyone on their hard work I’ve been seeing at the gym. I love seeing people who are consistently food journaling and really focusing on their nutrition. Keep up the hard work!
For those of you that have been following the Ray Peat Diet, good job! A lot of questions might pop up when you are first starting this diet so please feel free to pepper us with questions. The more you educate yourself about your metabolism and how your body functions the faster you will heal from an unhealthy metabolic place to a well functioning one. The results of having a healthy metabolism are:
- increased energy,
- balanced hormone levels,
- living pain-free,
- healthy digestion, and
- being able to lose weight and actually have it STAY off!
Please take a few minutes and meditate on these questions:
- How do I want to feel emotionally and look physically years from now (imagine how you would feel accomplishing your goal)?
- Am I eating in a way that supports a healthy lifestyle?
- Am I open to learning new ways for getting out of pain and living a healthy life?
Here’s something that I would like you to try, as it has definitely been helping me. Think about 1 small unhealthy habit you may struggle with and replace it with a healthy one.
- Instead of eating 5 Oreos eat 3
- Instead of drinking that 2nd soda replace it with a glass of orange juice.
- Instead of sitting and watching the commercials on TV do some jumping jacks or push-ups.
Whatever it is that you choose make it small, and don’t expect perfection. Changing habits can be frustrating but it doesn’t have to be. Start out small and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when you make good choices. Again, do something today that your future self will thank you for